Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
One of the finest display gardens in the southeast
Located on 450 acres along the banks of Lake Wylie south of Belmont, the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden offers 110 acres of rolling meadows and woodlands are being developed as one of the most beautiful gardens in the world. Already the perennial garden has been called one of the finest in the Southeast.
- Named one of the nations 20 Great Gardens in HGTVs popular book, Flower Gardening.
- Named Top 10 Garden to visit in the Fall by USA Today.
- Nine major theme gardens: the Four Seasons garden, a tropically-themed Canal Garden, four distinct Perennial Gardens, the charming Cottage Garden, the fragrant Conifer Garden and stately West Gardens.
- Striking water fountains and canals, and a collection of plants from around the globe.
- 3,500-square-foot Visitor Pavilion with breathtaking early-20th-centurystained-glass dome.
- Pavilion also houses gift shop and conference rooms for seminars and workshops.
- Perennial, annual, daylily, and herb gardens.
- 1/2 mile Woodland Trail.
- Annual symposiums, events and speaker series.
- Nature studies.
- Special children's garden and programs.
- Land and endowment donated by Daniel and Alene Stowe.
- Designed by noted landscape architect Geoffrey Rausch.
- Brand new Orchid Conservatory-the Carolinas only glasshouse, dedicated to the display of orchids and tropical plants.
OpenSeven days a week: 9am-5pm
New Year's Day
- Street: 6500 South New Hope Rd.
- City: Belmont, NC
- Telephone: 704-825-4490